Like every other social media platform, Snapchat encourages its users to use the application more often, in comparison to its other contemporaries. The credit for this goes to the unique application option, such as streaks & the ever-so-mysterious Snap score.
What is a Snap score?
The unique options of this application calculate their user’s usage of the application, and offers them with, a numerical rating. This gamification is new. Not all social media platforms can relate to this feature.
For eg: have you even seen Facebook (Meta) calculate the number of likes, you have given to the posts and stories? Or does Instagram, one of the biggest competitors of Snapchat, offer scores with respect to your usage?
No, right? Exactly why you should scroll through this article. After reading this article, you will know everything that you need to know about snap scores.
Follow These Steps To Hide Snap Score On Snapchat
The trick is to use the application more and more. The more hours you use this application, the higher will be your score. Do you what will make your snap scores soar higher?
- When you send someone a snap.
- Or, when you open a snap, sent to you by your friend.
These features make Snapchat so much popular among its users. However, there are some people who might consider flaunting their scores, a part of unhealthy competition.
Here’s presenting some of the important steps that will give you a comprehensive understanding of the workings of these Snap scores.
How To Check Your Snap Score?
Following these steps, checking your Snap scores will be a cakewalk.
- Open Snapchat, either on your Android device or iPhone.
- Wait for the application to load into the camera viewfinder.
- Tap on your profile icon, located in the upper-right-hand corner of the display screen.
- In case you have created & synchronized a Bitmoji with your Snapchat account. The profile icon will be a Bitmoji, based on your face. Lest, a basic Snapchat silhouette will appear as your profile picture.
- Tap on this icon to get directed to your Snapchat profile.
- Multiple action-related options, like adding friends, any story that you have posted, or your Snapcode-will pop-up.
- There, you will see either a six-digit figure or a zero-point score depending on your user span,
- This number is your Snapchat score.
- Tap on the score to see both sent and received scores, on the left and right corner, respectively.
How Does Snap Score Work?
- Receiving or sending a snap will award you with a single point.
- However, sending multiple snaps to multiple people, all at once will not fetch you additional points
- Similarly, posting snaps to your story will make you score but viewing a story will not.
- Likewise, posting video stories with multiple videos, will also not make you score additional points.
- Forming or continuing a streak will also, not make you score, additional points.
Related: How Does Snap Score Work? – A Complete Guide Of 2022
How To Hide Your Snap Score?
If someone intends to check your snap score they can see it by visiting your Snapchat profile. Only when you follow each other. Making it easier to filter out people, who you do not want to have access to your profile information. You can do so by removing them from your follower’s list, as starters.
However, it is quite unfortunate, that there is no way you can hide your Snap scores from the people, who you have added as a friend, on Snapchat. We can only hope and pray for Snapchat to introduce additional privacy options regarding our Snap scores, in the near future.
So does that mean, we have no control in this matter?
We do have some control. Snapchat offers its users the option to utilize the privacy settings, available in the application to make sure that only a limited no of people can add their profile, in its entirety.
How to start with this process of ‘hide and seek’:
- Open the application & tap on the Bitmoji icon, on the upper left-hand corner.
- After spotting that, tap on the gear icon of the page, which will direct you to the settings menu.
- You have to now scroll down to the section, saying ‘Who can…’ .
- You have reached your destination. The privacy settings of the social media network, Snapchat.
- Now, set visibility for everything either to ‘My Friends’ or ‘Only Me’, depending upon your privacy criteria.
And, you are done.
This constant flaunting of scores could lead to stressful competition between peers. As a social networking application, Snapchat did not want that. Hence, it has come up with this smart solution of hiding snap scores.
However, this is not as major of an issue as it first appeared. Snapchat has it under control. Connect with us in the comments section below in case you are of some other opinion. Or have some extras to add.
We’d love to hear back from you.
- How to link TikTok to Instagram
- How To Download Media Files from Instagram
- iCloud Bypass Tool Review | Official Review For All Users
Chris Blair, a freelance writer. He is loving every bit of it. His niches are marketing, lifestyle, wellness, travel and entertainment. Apart from writing, Chris loves to travel, binge-watch, research conspiracy theories, Instagram and overthink.